Tuesday, December 22, 2009
It might have been lost in the pre-holiday shuffle the muggle post goes through. You would think they would have figured out a better system by now.
This term has flown by so fast and I feel as if I have not done any group activities this term.
I am going to guess that the cup is in Hogsmeade hanging from the raffters where all of the cool mugs are.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Stolen Quiditch World Cup Trophy
The term is over, a few bruises and a fractured forearm to show for it. WHAT FUN!!!
I go back home for the Holiday Season, we are suppose to be moving and Mom says the house is a mess with boxes piled everywhere.
Plus we also have a new kitten name Marmalade.
Isis seems to like him just fine.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
go to my flickr account to see the good-good-goodies from Miss Fleur.
She even included a gift for my K-9's which they love.
Right now I am wrapped up in the scarf which is tightly knitted. WOW!!!!!! Perfect tension on a scarf that is 6' long! The hat is supremely knitted as well and kept me warm today on this balmy winter day. I am not sure what fabric softener she uses but it smells nice.
Now, all I need to do is hook up with Neila to give her the kit or mail it off to her since we are having a hard time meshing schedules.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
my arm is still a bit sore from last weeks game even though Madame Pomfrey took care of it after the game. i did not think i would have so much fun as a beater since i am a rather passive person. it works wonders for frustrations.
I was sent an Owl yesterday to let me know there is something coming my way, I can not wait. I love getting gifts and presents. These are the kind of surprises one should have every day. Not the kind of surprise that makes you hate getting out of bed....
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
This weeks weather has been great for practice and the air is smelling of Fall that I sometimes wish it was Fall all year round. Or maybe get it in a Parfume... Wonder if I could make something in Potions...
Off to go try.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
I had no idea that popcorn and rootbeer soda could make be burp!!
Nightmare on Elm Street is by far my favorite
Friday, October 23, 2009
Today we do not have class so I am snuggled inside next to the fireplace with some tasty hot chocolate and some tasty cookies. I am almost done with my knitting for Wisteria's kit. I hope she likes them because I have to be honest and say the colours are making my eyes twitch.
Waverly still has yet to call me about going on a short trip on Saturday so I am going to think of something to do just incase I do not hear from her. I have a muggle series called True Blood on DVD I could watch them. I have read all of the books so we shall see if muggles bugger up book to series as much as we do. Creative license and all that crap.
Another series I have been enjoying is call Blood in the Wire. I think the lead male is sort of cute in that idiot savant sort of way. Dean laughs at me, but hey...sometimes cute is just cute....
I miss Violent, I wish she would have come back to so I could have someone to create new potions with...I miss her swearing in French.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Bonfire on Saturday was grand fun. I have lost my voice from all of the singing the we did. Cassandra Crimsonchin must be a walking jukbox!! She knows alot of songs.
Wisteria makes some good s'mores. I ate so many of them I could have pucked.
Hermione and I danced and danced and danced. Waverly showed us a few of the dancers that are native her people.
Good times I hope were had by all. Can not wait to read what others had to say about the Bon-Fire
Monday, October 12, 2009
#2--Hermione Bagnold & Celeena Cree
#6--Wisteria-I have gone shopping with her so I know just what hints at her stash.
#8--Olive Bumblebirch and Minerva Lovegood- both mention BURNT ORANGE and orange is my favorite colour.
Silly, I have spent three/four terms with Hermione and today I noticed that our birthdates are close to one anothers. PARTY THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Rather gruesome if you think about it but on the same token, rather fitting. It is always the shy quiet ones you have to watch out for. So, my team mates have welcomed me back with open arms since I did not join them for Summer Camp.
I do need to get a new broom something a bit lighter and a tad bit faster.
I am off to go shopping before practice starts and I have no free time.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
So we have been listening to their music and it is not all that bad. Not too sure about most of it we saw this guy pass us on the ?interstate? keith urban
Mom says he needs a hair cut and a shave. I am wondering if we could get him as our DADA Professor.
my brother and i both like this music by metallica. Mom thinks we need to get our ears cleaned out. huh?!
dad likes and mom likes
more pictures to come when i find something interesting to see.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
This term has flown by so fast that I am not sure it even happened. Except that I have pictures and stuff.
Did I mention that I was spoiled TWICE this term by HRM Frysia? She hates charts and I love them so I wrote a pattern out for her and she sent me CHOCOLATE-DARK CHOCOLATE. and some yummmmmmmy lace in a spring green.
is this not THE most prettiest green?
i do need a pattern for it so perhaps
you could suggest one for me?
here is Isis-she is practicing singing WELCOME HOME-to me.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
violent and i went down to Hogsmeade last weekend cause she needed to do some shopping for someone in Slytherin House.
I asked my mother if i can go to summer camp this year and she said no. I guess we are doing so sort of family vacation and seeing the sites of the US. Not sure if I can stand to be in an automobile with my smelly brother for an extended period of time.
I have made a few more bags after making Cass's and I have figured out the secret to making the handle better than the instructions. Mom is sending me some of her quilting fabric that she thinks will work for handbags. Good thing she has a stash of fabric.
2. Which “Harry Potter” character’s first name is the Roman equivalent of the Greed Goddess Athena?
3. In ‘Harry Potter’ World, this wizard has created the Philosopher’s Stone (called the Sorcerer Stone in the US). The historical figure from the 14th and 15th centuries was a scribe and a manuscript-seller who became famous as an alchemist. Who is this individual?
4. What is the first name of a character whose last name is the name of a Bulgarian leader from early 9th century who doubled the country’s territory?
5. Which character’s name is the name of goddess in Indian mythology?
6. “Where the Wild Things Are” tells the story of Max, a young boy sent to bed without his supper for his wild antics. Who created this winner of the Caldecott Medal?
a. Maurice Sendak
7. What was NOT one of the unexpected defense mechanisms that Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook encountered in their attempt to rob Gringotts?
d. The Geminio Curse
8. What was Snape aiming at when he cut off George’s ear?
c. Another Death Eater’s wand hand
9. How much older than James was Lily? (Referring to Harry’s parents, not children).
d. 2 months
10. Food is one of the five exceptions to what magical law?
b. Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration
Saturday, April 11, 2009
I am off to find me something to eat. I am still upset that most of our House Elves have been freed over the last few terms. There are some mornings where it is nice to have food ready and waiting for you.
Who said, “Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever.”
Who said, “Are you planning to follow a career in Magical Law, Miss Granger?”
What is Ron’s middle name and what was he given in the Will? Bilius; the deluminator
What does Hermione want to talk Mr Lovegood about and what is his first name.
She wants to ask about the symbol he was wearing at Bill and Fleur's wedding; Xenophilius
What is the name origin and what does it mean.
It is derived from Greek, "a person attracted to that which is foreign or alien"
Monday, April 6, 2009
the wind is whipping
the air is snapping
the sky is bright blue and clear
the grass is trying to be green
the flowers are pushing their way through the soil
and the trees are budding.
it is a perfect day to play hooky.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
1. James Potter and his friends have nicknames for each other - give three names and who they belong to.
James Potter - Prongs
Remus Lupin - Mooney
Sirius Black - Padfoot
Peter Pettigrew - Wormtail
2. What are the three Deathly Hallows?
The Elder Wand
The Resurrection Ring
The Invisibility Cloak
3. What are the four items that belong to the founders of the houses at Hogwarts?
Gryffindor - Sword
Ravenclaw - Diadem
Hufflepuff - Cup
Slytherin - Locket
4. What is the Hogwarts Motto?
Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon
5. What is the Hogwarts school song (Book 1)?
I think it should be this instead.
Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we've forgot,
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.
6. What does O.W.L. stand for?
Ordinary Wizarding Level
7. What exams do Hogwarts students take at the end of their 7th year?
NEWTs - Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests
8. What form does Snape's Patronus take?
9. Who takes over teaching divination after Trelawney is sacked by Delores Umbridge (Book 6)?
10. Who is Elanor Cadogan's boyfriend? What is his brother's name?
Dean--he is the YUMMIEST!!!!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
My roommate Chrysta had to leave and go home to help stop flooding. It appears that magic can not stop floods. What a shame.
My kit for my spoilee is done and I think I will send it out next week. She has so much stuff in her kit I am guessing it will take my grey heron to carry it instead of my cute little owl.
My Malabrigo star capelet #6 is coming along swimmingly and I might just try to do a more complex lace shawl over the summer break or just do back to my love of socks.
This morning for a dorm treat I made Scotch eggs. What you do is boil eggs, peel them, roll the sausage around the egg (i use jimmy dean), then for an added flavor roll them in mustard, then into a bread crumb mixture. Mine is Panko crumbs, corn meal and bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
It does help to have an extra pair of hands to help with the rolling. So when one is forming the sausage around the egg one can roll the sausaged egg in the mustard and then into the crumb mix.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
neila is in blue,
i am in the middled
vanessa is in purple(waverly)
We hit three stores, had a late lunch at Brit's Pub, stopped at MOA and was back at Neila's house by 6pm where here hubby took this picture of us via my cellphone.
It was a great day and we did not hit three that were on my list of stores. That I guess will be for another day as well as dyeing of the yarn.
As soon as the weather here warms up a bit, I am going to have an afternoon get together, nothing is better than knitting in a park like setting with good friends and good food.
Friday, March 20, 2009
I guess someone let out a sticky ball during quidditch and things became a mess. But that is nothing new, it seems at least once a term someone lets an experiment fly and things go wonky. I truely believe it is the free house elves that are doing it.
Violent is depressed because her Ravenclaw dumped her to date a Slytherin girl. Which is rather silly of him because she is/was Slytherin last term and changed houses because of him. I zapped him with a week long colour spell(yes, i have been working on this one). I would feel sorry for him changing to all of the colours of the houses when he talks to a girl but really why?
Monday, March 16, 2009
1. On which day did the Order of the Phoenix come to get Harry?
2. During all this chaos with voldemort and the Death Eaters, people still had lives to live and Ron's oldest brother, Bill decided to marry Fleur Delacour? Who were the uninvited guests at Bill and Fleur's wedding?
b. Death Eaters
3. Voldemort had seven Horcruxes hidden in different places. Six of them were hidden at the Gaunt shack, Hogwarts, a cave, inside Harry, inside his snake, Nagini and Tom Riddles Diary. Did Voldemort hide the last Horcrux inside the Malfoy's vault at Gringotts?
4. Why did the Dumbledore's move to Godric's Hollow?
c. The father went to Azkaban
5. Harry and Hermione read a part of "Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore," written by Rita Skeeter. Then they met Dumbledore's brother Abreforth and he told them the same story, just with a few details changed. Which of the following did Aberforth and Rita Skeeter agree on about Dumbdore's past?
b. That Dumbledore was friends with Grindelwald for a while.
6. When Harry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow, they visit the graveyard to see Harry's parent's graves. Harry walks by a tombstone that we later learn belong to tone of "The Three Brother'. The brother buried there once owned what?
b. The cloak
7. The Trio finds out that Luna had been kidnapped by the Death Eaters , and that they won't give her back until they got Harry Potter. Why did they kidnap Luna?
a. Her father sided with Harry and Dumbledore
8. After Voldemort killed Snape, he left the room and Harry came out from under the cloak. Snape gave Harry some of his memories all the way from when he was a child to just months before. Harry dived into the Pensieve and which of the following did he not see?
c. Snape and Lily having fun in a potions class.
9. On the search of the Lost Diadem, Harry finally gets to talk to the Gray Lady. Who was the Gray Lady when she was alive?
c. Helena Ravenclaw.
10. Which of these is not one of Harry or Ron's children?
Sunday, March 8, 2009
# Who wants Polyjuice so they can have Cullen Eyes? Cliodna Trelawney
# Who wants postcards and a hardcover book? Eladora Madley
# Who wants silky terrier? It is not a type of wool but a dog. Winifred Wartbobble
# Who would like a wicked necklace and bloody stupid johnsan hat? Felly Pinkstone
# Who never had anything made for her? Violet Starfire
# Who learned how to knit with Maya and Soren? Kaaelana
# Who is Pretty as a Peacock Pattern? Lily Clearwater
# Who does Fair Isle mittens and Tea for Toe up socks? Mafalda Grubbly-Plank
# Who likes Cinnamon flavored coffee? Antonio dela Weasley
# Who likes clever storage systems and mysteries? Mantacora Crimson
# Who wants World Peace and Wool Wash? Violent
# Whose Ancient Runes notebook holds the secret of Moonstone earrings? Mona Ravenscroft
# Whose dog is on a low protein diet? Selena Starfire
# Who does not have much of a ‘stash’ and favorite scent is Pine trees? Sian Doge
# When you go to her wish list, you find yourself surfing the net? Suzie Weasley
# Who really, REALLY misses Hawkins Cheezies, Big Turk chocolate bars? Ursula Longbottom
# Who likes pencilthings and rosewood? ME!
# Russian nesting dolls and cute stationary are on this list. Winifred Hornswaggle
# Who likes the Seven Dwarves and the Evil Stepmother? Bernadette Hobsworth
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
We have been working on breaking the spell Dumbledore put on her. She can only answer questions that are asked by Professors. It takes a long time for her to write out her answers long hand. She is very wordy.
I was in the infirmary on Monday. I had to leave class early because I have been struck down with the flu. It was nice that I had a private room since the flu can hit a body in many different places at once. Today I was sent back to my dorm room, I am not feeling 100% but I have been told it will take a few days to feel 'right as rain.' Whatever that means. Rain is cold and wet and I do not like being cold nor wet.
Time to take a nap, this headache is draining me.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
I was busted sneaking back into the dorm on Friday night and was not suppose to go to town with the rest of the girls but go to detention instead. Since Violent and I were not going to be allowed in the same room together, I decided I was going to try my astral project. Low and behold it worked. It felt great being able to fool Trewlaney but it does not take much.
Spent the rest of the afternoon teaching some of the first term students some of the drinking games we play when I go back and hang out the muggles. It was fun but Petunia was not there to do karaoke with me so I did not do any singing or howling as most people call it.
Antonio came up with a great homework project for us to do last week. I do not think I can top it even if I tried. I am going to have Violent come up with one too, makes my life a bit easier. :)
All in all things have been quiet here in Hufflepuff dorms. Kind of nice.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
1. What momentous event was the reason that the members of the Order of the Phoenix felt it necessary to move Harry out of the Dursley’s house?
a. The start of the new school year
b. The Dursleys kicking him out
c. Voldemort’s escape from Azkaban
d. Harry’s upcoming birthday
2. Who revealed the actual date of Harry’s transfer to Voldemort, despite the misinformation the Order had been spreading around that the move would occur on the eve of his actual birthday?
3. With the use of Polyjuice Potion (and to confuse any possible attack by Death Eaters), six member of the Order were disguised as Harry and escorted out of Privet Drive, along with the real Harry. Which member of the order did not survive that night?
a. Mad-Eye Moody
b. Nymp0hadora Tonks
d. George Weasley
4. Who informed Harry, Ron and Hermione of the bequests left to them in Dumbledore’s will?
a. Kingley Shaclebolt
b. Minerva McGonalgall
c. Arthur Weasley
d. Rufus Scimgeour
5. During the wedding celebration for Bill and Fleur, Kingley Shacklebolt sent a Patronus to tell the guests that the Ministry had fallen, Scrimgeour (the Minister) was dead and the wedding celebration was about to be attacked by Death Eaters. What form did the Patronus take?
a. A lynx
b. An otter
c. A doe
d. A stag
6. Escaping from the wedding to London, our three friends found themselves confronted by a pair of Death Eaters, disguised as workmen. This close brush impressed on them the need to find someplace to hide. Where did they decide to go?
a. The Leaky Cauldron
b. Sirius Black’s house
c. The Dursley’s house
d. Ron’s Auntie Muriel’s house
7. Kreacher’s animosity towards Harry, Ron and especially Hermione (a Mudblood) was well documented in book five, “The Order of the Phoenix.” His initial interaction with them showed that his attitude had not changed. How did they win him over?
a. By giving him clothes and his freedom
b. They didn’t win him over!
c. By giving him something to eat
d. By giving him Regulus Black’s old locket
8. Who did they eventually find was in possession of the locket/Horcrux?
a. Severus Snape
b. Lucius Malfoy
c. Lord Voldemort
d. Dolores Umbridge
9. What did Harry find embedded in the door of Umbrdige’s office?
a. Moody’s magical eye
b. Nymphadora’s purple hair
c. Hedwig’s head
d. George Weasley’s ear
10. After retrieving the Horcrux, they tried to return to their safe place but they were pursued (actually Yaxley tagged along when they disapparated). This meant that the Death Eaters knew their hiding place and they had to go somewhere else. Where did Hermione take them?
a. To Godric’s Hollow
b. To the Forbidden Forest
c. Back to the Burrow
d. To the site of the Quidditch World Cup
Saturday, February 14, 2009
We have a section of the room parted off for our dyeing stuff. It is close to the windows so we are not knee deep in stink. I have not created anything as of yet. I need to get some skeins put together and see if my Muse will come for a visit. It is the wrong time of year for her to come out but I am starting to feel the drain in the creativity department.
The three of us are in transfiguration together and have the luck of sitting at the same table. This should be interesting to see what happens in this class. I was suppose to take Divination again but I put my foot down and told my Uncle there was no way I was going to waste my time with tea leaves and glass balls. I would rather clean out stalls...and so, that is what I am doing. Which is fine with me. Isis did not come with me this term, she missed Bo too much. So, I am getting my animal fix this way.
Besides, I get to play with the babies...
Time to go and check on the 1st years and see what they are doing. They are rather loud.
How long have you been at your craft? 3-4 years
2. Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do? only in my office chair at my desk
3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in? i sew and collect dust bunnies
4. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? wool, cotton, bamboo, alpaca
5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? acrylic
6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven't gotten a chance? i like dream in colour- smooshy is fun to work with...but i am not picky i like almost all of the yarn that i see
7. What are you currently working on? a small clutch bag for DH's Mom, a faux fairisle hat,dish rags
8. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? nope
9. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? i have both
10. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? i have these cute tubes that i use...they are see through
11. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites? do cows give milk? there are a few candies that I do not like so, you can send me anything...
12. Are you having a birthday during this swap?nope
Saturday, February 7, 2009
I do love the floo network. Silly muggles, they never understand how we 'appear'.
I did find the most wonderful fabric for Cass's bag and some other bits too. THere is a ton of pressure to get this right otherwise I will be put on the Crucio list, which is not a right and proper place to be.
There are three people that know what the fabric looks like so I am safe with the fact that she will pester the two that are in her own house to find out the information.
Crap, I have to go. My pots are boiling over and I promised Chrysta I would not stink us out this weekend.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
you can answer either question (in other words - choose one)
1) when did you first learn to knit - about 5 years ago
who taught you--a crazy Lady who grew up to be Queen of Northshield.
how did you learn,--fighting tooth and nail.
what was your first project?a pair of failed socks...little did i know i was twisting my stitches until she agreed to turn my heel.
2) What is your favorite knitting project and why? autumn in Oregon. a hsks member showed them to me and i fell in love with them. Why you ask, go and look on my flickr page and you will know why
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I did have to remove a wall for my extra stuff that came with me from Slytherin, like, well never mind. Dean came by to bring me a new scarf, have I mentioned how cute he is. He also said things are getting busy on his end so he might not be able to visit as much this term but is planning on being here for Valentines day and St. Patrick's day.
Chrysta has most of her stuff moved over from Birdland and Violent has not shown up yet from France. This has me concerned a bit but not too much. I sent Sam, Dean's brother to find her. He is better than a hounddog in the fall at finding people.
I have been slacking in getting this terms homework planned. I do have one student making a sock pattern and having it test knitted as her project for term. She needs to have weekly postings and pictures. I wish her all the luck. It is something that I have yet to tackle. I just can not find the time nor the energy to do so.
I had better get to making the assignments or I will be winging it...which might not be such a bad idea.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Chrysta the Curse, as she says, It is a name, not a lifestyle. And Violette Black. This should be an interesting term because we all like to dye yarn and both of them are spinners.
Our room is going to smell like a wet dog that has been shaved badly, I can just see it now. Then again, I did see it when I was in RavenClaw two terms ago.
My how school has flown by.
Well off to find some moss for Chrysta as a room warming gift for her and then off to the green house for some daffodils for Violent.
Monday, January 12, 2009
My Uncle asked me if I would mind going there to help out and try to keep them in line. I do not think I will have as much work to do with HP as with S. Even as Prefect last term, it was alot of work. But they are a great group of girls and I will miss them.
So, now I am off to meet some new students and get to know the familiar faces better.