Saturday, March 28, 2009

cooking on saturday

I can not believe the week has passed so quickly and I have not done much to report.
My roommate Chrysta had to leave and go home to help stop flooding. It appears that magic can not stop floods. What a shame.

My kit for my spoilee is done and I think I will send it out next week. She has so much stuff in her kit I am guessing it will take my grey heron to carry it instead of my cute little owl.

My Malabrigo star capelet #6 is coming along swimmingly and I might just try to do a more complex lace shawl over the summer break or just do back to my love of socks.

This morning for a dorm treat I made Scotch eggs. What you do is boil eggs, peel them, roll the sausage around the egg (i use jimmy dean), then for an added flavor roll them in mustard, then into a bread crumb mixture. Mine is Panko crumbs, corn meal and bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour.

It does help to have an extra pair of hands to help with the rolling. So when one is forming the sausage around the egg one can roll the sausaged egg in the mustard and then into the crumb mix.

No comments: