Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Everyday I still find something new and interesting at the School and I still get lost from time to time, which I find funny. What can I say?
Tonight is our group knitting night and I do believe I shall join my gang since my homework should be light today.
2. If the spell to Apparate goes wrong and leaves half of you behind, you have been what? Splinched
3. Who wrote the Standard Books of Spells Grades 1 and 2?Miranda Goshawk
4. What is it called when brother wands meet? Priori Incantatem or Reverse Spell Effect
5. Name the charm used by Ludo at the World Cup to amplify his voice.Sonorus
6. For what is the charm Aparecium used? Makes Invisible Ink visible again
7. What charm requires the use of a Secret-Keeper?Fidelius
8. What color should the Strengthening Potion be?Bright turquoise
9. What plants are used in preparing a confusing potion?Scurvy-grass, Lovage, Sneezewort
10. What condition is cured by Glumbumble?Some forms of hysteria
11. What potion makes a werewolf safe so he can keep his mind when he transforms, and what substance makes it useless?Wolfsbane Potion. Sugar renders it useless.
12. When does Fluxwood, an ingredient used in making Polyjuice Potion, have to be picked?Must be picked at full moon.
13. What color should a Shrinking Solution be?Violet
14. What potion is made from asphodel and wormwood?Felix Felicis
15. For what are Jobberknoll feathers used?Used in memory potions and truth serums.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
We did not find the snitch this week and I am upset that I was not there to help. I had the times confused and I had made an appointment for 3 that afternoon.
Care of Magical Creatures is going wonderfully well for me. Even though it has been far too cold for me to really enjoy being outside with them. I hope they understand that is why I am rushing through and not talking to them as much. And you all know how much I LOVE to talk.
Divination is crud. I have not had any true 'divination' experience.
History of Magic has been just like learning Muggle history. I find it very intersting. Celestion has found out where in our family history muggle blood entered. How exciting to be related to William Shakespeare.
DADA-What can I say. The Professor has my tongue tied (still) but he has made several comments upon my improvement since I am more quiet. What I am trying to do is NOT get noticed. I love his voice and I do find him dreeeamy too.
Arithmancy-FUN!!! THis is what my name equates to:Two represents interaction, two-way communication, cooperation, and balance. Twos are imaginative, creative, and sweet natured. Peace, harmony, commitment, loyalty, and fairness are characteristic. But two also introduces the idea of conflict, opposing forces, and the contrasting sides of things: night and day, good and evil. Twos can be withdrawn, moody, self-conscious and indecisive.
I hear my needles calling me.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
1. With whom does Ginny go to the Yule Ball?a. Neville
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?a. rubber mouse
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in? c. lipstick
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house? b. Black
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye? b. blue
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony? b. Magenta
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else? b. Snuffles
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?c. single-malt whiskey
Friday, February 15, 2008
Needless to say, I can bounce and I am quite mortified by the whole experience. Becaue he is SSSOOOO tall and when you are at ground zero looking up at 6'4" it is a long way up. I think I hit every shade of red and possibly purple too. Professor Humperdink was polite about the entire thing, helped me up, brushed the snow off of me, and asked me if I was all right. When I could not answer him, he said, that I must be because this was the first time he has seen me speachless. GAK!!!
Now everytime he has walked past me in class I feel myself turning red and I have not been able to answer a single question in class. Which is frustrating because I do beleive Professor Humperdink is amused with the situation. WHY??? He said to me at the end of class that maybe next week I will be able to find my voice again.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
1. What is Professor McGonnagall's first name?Minerva
2. Who is the librarian of Hogwarts?Madam Irma Pince
3. What is Madam Rosmerta's job?Runs the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade
4. What is Rita Skeeter's secret?She is an animagus-beetle---dung beetle??;)
5. Madam Hooch is instructor of what subject?Flying
6. Who is Parvati Patil's best friend?Lavendar Brown
7. What Quidditch position does Cho Chang play?seeker
8. What is the name of Fleur Delacour's little sister?Gabrielle
9. Who is professor of Divination?Madam Trelawney
10. Who wrote "A History of Magic"?Bathilda Bagshot
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Here is the start of my first sweater. I have the sleeves done but I might redo the first sleeve since the stiches are a bit tighter than the second one.
The long band is 8inches of my back. Only 13 more inches left to go before I start the next step of my back.
I can not believe that Gabriella made 12 sweaters last year. She is a FREAK. But, I love her anyway.
Schoolwork is going good. I still can NOT get the hang of divination and reading tea leaves has turned me off of TEA!!!! I might as well read clouds, they at least make sense to me.
When the weather gets warm, if IT gets warm we are going to try flying. This should be fun. I still have to watch the steps so I don't fall down them while they move, I can just imagine the trips to the Madame Pomfrey or Hagrid.
Need to go do my Ruins homework before our house meeting.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
You scored as a Ginny Weasley
You definitely share your mother's (Molly Weasley) fiery resolve and slowly but surely people are learning to respect you because of it.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
With all of the excitement from Quidditch coming to a calm, I have to admit I need a nap. Went shopping for my Swappie, that was fun.
Now I am making pear and apple tarts for us to munch on while we sit in the common room and going over our schedules for next weeks lessons.
Our Prefect, is doing a wonderful job in making sure our house is running smooth. A big job for one person, we are the largest house this year. Three cheers for her.
I really need to finish doing my DADA studies, I think I might just pick this as my profession. Or maybe potions or herbology....
there are 5 deer in my backyard. 4 does and a buck which is eating the mineral block that I put out before I left for Hogwarts. Dad will send me pictures if they turn out.
Friday, February 1, 2008
I hope she sends me pictures so I can post them for you all to see.