Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Here is the sock that I want to finish by the end of the KAL.
These are the socks that I have to finish before I can start the KAL. I started the second one and it is a lovely shade of Violette for Violent Black.
I made a pair of these before in Cascade Heritage Deep Green that Lav DD
gave to me as a birthday/Roak/I suckered you into doing my madness gift.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
bursting at the seems. popped open when the tape was cut.
goodies...i LOVE goodies
a nice card written by Ms Daisy.
two, TWO awesome sock patterns. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, socks.
a goodie bag. want to know what is inside? let us look.
oh boy, there is a lot of stuff in here.
stitch markers...one is a MirrorBall and I was just telling Violent and Wisteria that I really want a MirrorBall. LOOK, I have Lantern Moon Needles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i can now make my own OWL since I am not quite able to do it at School.
a journal so i can keep track of Rufus and the mean nasty things we do to him.
ANOTHER GOODIE BAG!!!!!!!!!!
YARN for my cool needles!!
A cool spider!!!
And that folks, is the end of my kit. Now go away so I can knit.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
1. Who was Tom Riddle Sr.'s girlfriend before Merope gave him the love potion?
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry's ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought's first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
b. Gobstones Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
b. Dirk Cresswell
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry's late arrival and muggle attire?
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott's Third Law?
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components
he is my weakness. Can you blame me though....
For Halloween Violent and I charmed a bunch of Jack-o-lanterns and had them bite all of the first year students. We had to include some of our first years so it could not be traced back to us. It was the best prank EVER!!!
After we set them loose, we went into the forest with Forenze to work on our Astronomy project. I think Violent might be sweet on him. She has now been finding reasons to go and visit him. It is cute.
That punk kid Rufus has been following Tia around like a bad rash and even sent her some flowers that he charmed to sing to her. They were cute for about 10 minutes then I had to toss them into the fire place.
I sent out my package to my Ravenclaw gal, I have not heard if she has received it yet. I hope she likes it.
Monday, November 3, 2008
#1--contempt for the orginary
#2--he had no friends and knew no 'love'
#2 How do we know Merope was alone in London before the baby was born.
she sold the family necklace to Caracatus Burke for 10 galleons.
#3 What does Mrs Cole like to drink?
#4 What does Tom Riddle demand Professor Dumbledor do twice when they first met?
"tell the truth"
#5 What did Mundungus nick from the Black house?
goblet with family crest
Friday, October 24, 2008
a. The Gryffindor Common Room
2. Severus Snape made an unbreakable vow to whom?
b. Narcissa Malfoy
3. Why is Hagrid upset with Ron, Harry and Hermione?
c. They did not take his class in their 6th year
4. Who is the Half-Blood Prince?
b. Severus Snape
5. At what age are you legally allowed to Apparate?
6. How long does it take to brew a batch of Felix Felicis?
c. 6 months
7. What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?
c. You die
8. Which one of your roommates snores the loudest?
I do believe that would be Esmerelda Beanswallow!
9. Which Hogwart's student is secretly dating the new DADA Professor Lucius Whitmarsh?
Wisteria Lovegoods has been secretly dating Lucius Whitmarsh, but so have a few others, it seems. He's a player.
10. Describe your favorite item found in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes!
All of them
Friday, October 17, 2008
Petunia sent me a birthday owl and while it was sitting on my shoulder waiting for its treat it bit me. Blasted bird took a bite out of me and took some skin so it did not get a treat. I figure my skin was treat enough for it.
Dean came over and brought his brother Sam for a visit. He brought me a present, a collection of potion books from the 1800. Now that is the best gift a girl can get.
He looks a bit tired and needs a shave too.
1. What animal does the portrait in the Muggle Prime Minster’s office resemble?
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
b. Gwenog Jones
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
c. 16 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Harry wonders if going into the Pensive will help him survive against Voldemort. Professor Dumbledore answers neither yes nor no but says "It has a very great deal to do with the prophecy."
It is where we follow Bob Ogden's memory and see what a horrible life a family that lives only in the past and on pride can have. Years of in-breeding causing insanity to run in the Gaunt family vein. Lack of sense, delusions of grandeur squandered family gold leaves the last of Salzar Slytherin's family in poverty. Not exactly what I think he had wanted.
We meet Merope Voldemort's mother and Tom Riddle Senior. We know she used the Imperius Curse on him and quite possibly a love potion to gain access to his "love". In less than a year, Merope being delusional about love stops using both on Tom and he finally wakes up, realizes the error he made and leaves Merope pregnant.
By doing this, this pushes the already mentally fragile Merope over the edge and she slowly starts dying.
We do find out that Professor Dumbledore has found the ring-with the Perverell coat of arms engraved on the stone-, was wearing it when him and Harry went to talk with Professor Slughorn (who is an excellent POTIONS teacher). It is also left for translation, that is how the Professor injured his hand.
It now shows us that the GREAT LORD VOLDEMORT is nothing but a fake and not the Pureblood that he says he is. Carring on the great family pride and deluisions of grandeur.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Hogsmead was a fun-fun-fun time. I am so glad there is the rule of no picture taking cause some of us were rather naughty this weekend.
I went with Petunia, Violent, and Thomasina into town. They are all first years and it was rather fun. We hit all of the regular stops and picked up what we needed. Violent does need to special order somethings from France of us to use in Potions Class. Monday we did have a disaster and our project just spewed all over and kept growing and fizzing. While it was rather funny, the Professor was NOT amused. We have detention on Saturday. MY FIRST.
Violent and I agree that his ingredients were mislabeled otherwise it would not have happened. But you can not argue with the Professor because HE is never wrong.
Anyway, back to town and what happened.
We all went over to Hog's Head for a few cups of our favorite beverage and me being muggle raised, I thought I would teach the girls a bar game that we play back home. It is called QUARTERS.
You use an American quarter, a shot glass filled with your tasty shot flavor and skill. NO MAGIC.
What you do is you try to bounce the quarter into the shot glass and make a person drink the shot. You keep doing this until you miss and then it is the next person's turn. It was fun and we all became rather intoxicated in a short amount of time.
This is when Violent noticed the pool table in the corner and asked if anyone wanted to play. So, we all moved over to the pool table. I have to admit I am hopeless at this game and quickly lost the right to play for the rest of the afternoon. Violent, it seems is a pool shark and won quite a bit of money that afternoon. Petunia was good as well.
Petunia and I can not carry a tune we found out when we were doing karokee. That is the fun thing about karokee is you can be absolutely horrible and people will still like it. Although, I think a song we sang instigated a fight that trashed part of the bar. We shall take Lita Ford off of the play list and put Barry Manilow back on.
I need to gauge Petunia and her drinking much better cause she had to visit the infirmary and I had the special pleasure of wearing regurgitated firewhisey and spiked pumpkin juice.
I do believe I saw Rufus there kissing Tia and that no good Vampire was there as well doing to tonsil hockey with Petunia too..i thought he was with Andromedia.
Dean came to town and it is nice to see him.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
1. At the beginning of the book, Cornelius Fudge is talking to the Muggle Prime Minister. Which member of the Order of the Phoenix has recently been found dead?
a. Hestia Jones
b. Elphais Doge
c. Emmeline Vance
d. Dedalus Diggle
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11 p.m.
d. 11 a.m.
4. What did Professor Sluhorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
b. A bed
c. A table
d. A wardrobe
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
b. P – Poor
c. O – Outstanding
d. A – Acceptable
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
a. A hen
b. A duck
c. A lion
d. A squirrel
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
a. nitwit, odder, blubber rand tweak
b. nitwit, odder, bubblegum and tweak
c. nitwit, oddment, bubblegum and tweak
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
a. Helana Prince
b. Eileen Prince
c. Lily Prince
d. Elizabeth Prine
I am trying not to get cranky with her when she says (which is quite often) "We do things better at Beauxbatons or At my old school we did things better." I am sure things were different there and maybe there done better, but you can not make friends by saying that all of the time. seriously, just go with the flow...
She is getting some of her old books from her Father and I am excited about that. WE talk endlessly about potions. Prof. Slughorn has been rather tedious to deal with since neither of us are his 'pet favorites.' We made our class project perfectly and he gave us a passing. On the way out, I slimed his chair. :)
Minee is still turning green, today is her last day of that.
My roommates are great and we are getting along so far. I am glad we have the largest room between the two dogs and all of our fiber products, potions, herbs and books, there is little room to move about.
I really should take a picture of our room.
Off to find my cheerleading outfit they hid on me.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
I have also seen some Hufflepuff girls I think they are first terms turning into Canaries. Poor Dears, I thought we were not going to see another case of that again. This is not my doing...HONESTLY
Time for me to go find Violent and make something happen in Potions then we are off to Herbology.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
As most of you know I left Ravenclaw this term and became Slytherin. And as most of you know I have a sweet tooth. I went to my favorite place to get some candy, Ms Minerva Kwikspell and while I was giving the new student Violent Black a tour of Hogwarts me being me I shared my candy with her and a short while later Violent is on her way to visit Madame Pomfrey.
All I have to say is someone is going to be turning green off and on during the first day of school.
Potter Name: Elanor Cadogan
Rav ID: setembrina
I am allergic to: nothing
Pets that I have: 2dogs and 2 cats
My favorite yarn: natural yarns
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors?
My favorite flavor: mint, chai, pumpkin.
My favorite holiday: Halloween
I would like to receive a: Sock kit
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: I like to use5" for socks. I like wood and or Bamboo
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: LanternMoon but they are expensive
I’ve participated in HSKS: this is my 3rd time with the swap
Do you have a birthday during this swap? Yes.
If so which day? 10-15
SLYTHERIN QUIZ #1
Until I have access to the main hsks6.blogsite.com I will post your quiz here. These questions are to help your partner get to know you better! Please have your answers posted by this Friday to be qualified for the amazing Slytherin House Quiz Prize!!
- Do you knit and/or crochet---knit
- How long have you been at your craft?--3 years
- Do you spin?--sort
- What type of spinning do you do (drop spindle or wheel)?--both
- Are there any other crafts that you participate in?--quilting--sewing
- What are your favorite yarns/fibers?--all natural
- What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?--NORO & man made
- Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t HAD a chance?---I am sure there are. Send me your favorite yarn you like to work with.
- What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?--socks, hats, whatever i find interesting
- What are you currently working on? pumpkins for felting
- Anything you plan to start this autumn?--more socks, a sweater maybe
- What is your favorite Finished Object? Luna, the sock Pattern made by Emma Wigworthy.
- Are their any knitting techniques that you would like to learn?--two handed knitting.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
I hope Minee has some for sale so I can restock.
We do have the same interests in books and we both HATE divination with a passion. "Death is at your door." oooo...what garbage...please tell me something useful.
Violent said she would help me learn French. I think that will be funny to hear me speak French with my Mid-Western accent.
Isis is doing her back scratch on the carpet and groaning and grunting. I wonder if she is part pig?
Today while I had my nose in a book an owl dropped me a package. It is from my new dorm mate, Lavender Diggory-Dolohov. She is Head Girl this term and I am a Prefect. Still not sure how that happened but the Professors know what they are doing right?
See all of my goodies?
!the house cats thought the package smelled good too.
Bo, is visiting Isis before term starts show off their goodies.
there are 3 THREE skeins of Cascade yarn, a journal, reading glasses, a blow horn and pom-poms for cheer leading during Quidditch, a Slytherin patch, an Owl of my very own (cause i do not have one),and my favorite, snap snot.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Isis is not magical like Grimm but she gets along with him just fine. It is funny watching them together because she is all dog and pretty much a spaz running, sniffing, digging, and rolling in whatever suites her fancy.
She crawled into that box and sat in front of the heater vent. She is my gift of giggles.
I was asked to be Prefect in Slytherin House and so far there has been alot of use of Muggle computers and spreadsheets. As of this morning we only have 3 people that have not updated their blogs. There have been emails and PMs sent out so it is our hope it gets done today.
It really does not take that long to do it. sigh..
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I am not saying it is good or bad because it is what it is.
All-in-all, summer was fun. I met a whole bunch of new people and learned so much over the break.
I will update what is going on with me in a few days.
Friday, July 18, 2008
2. b. False
3. a. Emmeline Vance
4. b. Marlene McKinnon
5. d. Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil
6. d. Hufflepuff
7. c. Yellow
8. b. Padma Patil
9. d. Spattergroit
10.a. "New Theory of Numerology"
Extra 5 pts - What movie will Robert Patterson star in this December?
Friday, July 11, 2008
1. What is the literal translation of "Albus Dumbledore"?
translates to “white bumblebee”. The name "Dumbledore" is an old Devon word for "bumblebee".
2. "Occlumency" is not, in reality, a word. However, it seems to be derived from a familiar real word that means "to block". What is that word?
Occlumency is derived from the word “occlude”, which means “to block”.
3. Remus Lupin, the werewolf, has a name that is a double reminder of his traits. From what languages are his two names derived?
Remus is latin/Roman (Roman mythology). Lupin is also latin (translated as “wolf”).
4. Percy Weasley's owl takes its name, quite appropriately, from the Greek messenger god. Who is this god?
Hermes who, in Greek mythology, is the Greek God of boundaries, roads, commerce, science, invention, eloquence, luck, cunning, medicine, and healing.
5. Many of the creatures studied in the Care of Magical Creatures class or encountered by Hogwarts students are based on mythological animals while many others were made up. Name a mythological animal which is studied and/or encourntered by Hogwarts students.
6. Harry is tried for the "crime" of using magic outside Hogwarts by the Wizengamot. From what culture is the name "Wizengamot" derived?
Wizengamot is derived from Anglo-Saxon culture a council of wise men that advised the king.
7. The hospital in OotP is called St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. Who was the real St. Mungo?
St Mungo is the commonly used name of Saint Kentigern or Cyndeyrn Garthwys, the late 6th century apostle of the Brythonic Kingdom of Strathclyde in modern Scotland, and patron saint and founder of the city of Glasgow.
8. Dobby the house-elf gets his name from another kind of creature. In English folklore, what is a dobby?
In English folklore, a dobby was a house-elf similar to a brownie.
Which I would be more than happy to have a few come and visit and clean up my dorm-room..:D
9. Mundungus Fletcher is a disreputable little wizard with a penchant for trading in stolen goods. What exactly does mundungus mean?
Mundungus is defined as a tobacco with an offensive odor.
10. Harry's arch-nemesis throughout OotP is Professor Umbridge. Why is her name appropriate for her?
The root of “Dolores” (i.e. Dolor) is the Latin for pain, sadness, grief, resentment. Umbridge is the homonym for the English word 'umbrage' meaning to take offense, and from the Latin "umbra" meaning shade, shadow, ghost.
Monday, July 7, 2008
That was fun and I learned some interesting things about some interesting people.
It makes me sad that term is coming to an end and I have yet to meet half of the students. sigh...
Ceciley received her package and I am waiting for her to post her pictures.::sigh::
I am going to a summer school called Twilight where we learn about Vampires and Werewolves. How fun is THAT??!!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
5. Marietta Edgecombe
8. Sirius Black
10. Arabella Figg
15. Order of the Phoenix
20. Madam Puddifoot's
1. Severus Snape
6. Grimmauld Place
7. Ministry of Magic
18. Hog's Head
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
The candy was shared with my Friday Knit group and my hubby. I have 4 wonderful sock patterns , lots of new yarn to play with and more Ravenclaw colours. Now, maybe I can do one of those cool Ravenclaw socks from Emma W. or Minerva K.