Wednesday, February 18, 2009
1. What momentous event was the reason that the members of the Order of the Phoenix felt it necessary to move Harry out of the Dursley’s house?
a. The start of the new school year
b. The Dursleys kicking him out
c. Voldemort’s escape from Azkaban
d. Harry’s upcoming birthday
2. Who revealed the actual date of Harry’s transfer to Voldemort, despite the misinformation the Order had been spreading around that the move would occur on the eve of his actual birthday?
3. With the use of Polyjuice Potion (and to confuse any possible attack by Death Eaters), six member of the Order were disguised as Harry and escorted out of Privet Drive, along with the real Harry. Which member of the order did not survive that night?
a. Mad-Eye Moody
b. Nymp0hadora Tonks
d. George Weasley
4. Who informed Harry, Ron and Hermione of the bequests left to them in Dumbledore’s will?
a. Kingley Shaclebolt
b. Minerva McGonalgall
c. Arthur Weasley
d. Rufus Scimgeour
5. During the wedding celebration for Bill and Fleur, Kingley Shacklebolt sent a Patronus to tell the guests that the Ministry had fallen, Scrimgeour (the Minister) was dead and the wedding celebration was about to be attacked by Death Eaters. What form did the Patronus take?
a. A lynx
b. An otter
c. A doe
d. A stag
6. Escaping from the wedding to London, our three friends found themselves confronted by a pair of Death Eaters, disguised as workmen. This close brush impressed on them the need to find someplace to hide. Where did they decide to go?
a. The Leaky Cauldron
b. Sirius Black’s house
c. The Dursley’s house
d. Ron’s Auntie Muriel’s house
7. Kreacher’s animosity towards Harry, Ron and especially Hermione (a Mudblood) was well documented in book five, “The Order of the Phoenix.” His initial interaction with them showed that his attitude had not changed. How did they win him over?
a. By giving him clothes and his freedom
b. They didn’t win him over!
c. By giving him something to eat
d. By giving him Regulus Black’s old locket
8. Who did they eventually find was in possession of the locket/Horcrux?
a. Severus Snape
b. Lucius Malfoy
c. Lord Voldemort
d. Dolores Umbridge
9. What did Harry find embedded in the door of Umbrdige’s office?
a. Moody’s magical eye
b. Nymphadora’s purple hair
c. Hedwig’s head
d. George Weasley’s ear
10. After retrieving the Horcrux, they tried to return to their safe place but they were pursued (actually Yaxley tagged along when they disapparated). This meant that the Death Eaters knew their hiding place and they had to go somewhere else. Where did Hermione take them?
a. To Godric’s Hollow
b. To the Forbidden Forest
c. Back to the Burrow
d. To the site of the Quidditch World Cup
Saturday, February 14, 2009
We have a section of the room parted off for our dyeing stuff. It is close to the windows so we are not knee deep in stink. I have not created anything as of yet. I need to get some skeins put together and see if my Muse will come for a visit. It is the wrong time of year for her to come out but I am starting to feel the drain in the creativity department.
The three of us are in transfiguration together and have the luck of sitting at the same table. This should be interesting to see what happens in this class. I was suppose to take Divination again but I put my foot down and told my Uncle there was no way I was going to waste my time with tea leaves and glass balls. I would rather clean out stalls...and so, that is what I am doing. Which is fine with me. Isis did not come with me this term, she missed Bo too much. So, I am getting my animal fix this way.
Besides, I get to play with the babies...
Time to go and check on the 1st years and see what they are doing. They are rather loud.
How long have you been at your craft? 3-4 years
2. Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do? only in my office chair at my desk
3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in? i sew and collect dust bunnies
4. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? wool, cotton, bamboo, alpaca
5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? acrylic
6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven't gotten a chance? i like dream in colour- smooshy is fun to work with...but i am not picky i like almost all of the yarn that i see
7. What are you currently working on? a small clutch bag for DH's Mom, a faux fairisle hat,dish rags
8. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? nope
9. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? i have both
10. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? i have these cute tubes that i use...they are see through
11. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites? do cows give milk? there are a few candies that I do not like so, you can send me anything...
12. Are you having a birthday during this swap?nope
Saturday, February 7, 2009
I do love the floo network. Silly muggles, they never understand how we 'appear'.
I did find the most wonderful fabric for Cass's bag and some other bits too. THere is a ton of pressure to get this right otherwise I will be put on the Crucio list, which is not a right and proper place to be.
There are three people that know what the fabric looks like so I am safe with the fact that she will pester the two that are in her own house to find out the information.
Crap, I have to go. My pots are boiling over and I promised Chrysta I would not stink us out this weekend.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
you can answer either question (in other words - choose one)
1) when did you first learn to knit - about 5 years ago
who taught you--a crazy Lady who grew up to be Queen of Northshield.
how did you learn,--fighting tooth and nail.
what was your first project?a pair of failed socks...little did i know i was twisting my stitches until she agreed to turn my heel.
2) What is your favorite knitting project and why? autumn in Oregon. a hsks member showed them to me and i fell in love with them. Why you ask, go and look on my flickr page and you will know why