Wednesday, September 24, 2008
1. At the beginning of the book, Cornelius Fudge is talking to the Muggle Prime Minister. Which member of the Order of the Phoenix has recently been found dead?
a. Hestia Jones
b. Elphais Doge
c. Emmeline Vance
d. Dedalus Diggle
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11 p.m.
d. 11 a.m.
4. What did Professor Sluhorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
b. A bed
c. A table
d. A wardrobe
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
b. P – Poor
c. O – Outstanding
d. A – Acceptable
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
a. A hen
b. A duck
c. A lion
d. A squirrel
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
a. nitwit, odder, blubber rand tweak
b. nitwit, odder, bubblegum and tweak
c. nitwit, oddment, bubblegum and tweak
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
a. Helana Prince
b. Eileen Prince
c. Lily Prince
d. Elizabeth Prine
I am trying not to get cranky with her when she says (which is quite often) "We do things better at Beauxbatons or At my old school we did things better." I am sure things were different there and maybe there done better, but you can not make friends by saying that all of the time. seriously, just go with the flow...
She is getting some of her old books from her Father and I am excited about that. WE talk endlessly about potions. Prof. Slughorn has been rather tedious to deal with since neither of us are his 'pet favorites.' We made our class project perfectly and he gave us a passing. On the way out, I slimed his chair. :)
Minee is still turning green, today is her last day of that.
My roommates are great and we are getting along so far. I am glad we have the largest room between the two dogs and all of our fiber products, potions, herbs and books, there is little room to move about.
I really should take a picture of our room.
Off to find my cheerleading outfit they hid on me.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
I have also seen some Hufflepuff girls I think they are first terms turning into Canaries. Poor Dears, I thought we were not going to see another case of that again. This is not my doing...HONESTLY
Time for me to go find Violent and make something happen in Potions then we are off to Herbology.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
As most of you know I left Ravenclaw this term and became Slytherin. And as most of you know I have a sweet tooth. I went to my favorite place to get some candy, Ms Minerva Kwikspell and while I was giving the new student Violent Black a tour of Hogwarts me being me I shared my candy with her and a short while later Violent is on her way to visit Madame Pomfrey.
All I have to say is someone is going to be turning green off and on during the first day of school.
Potter Name: Elanor Cadogan
Rav ID: setembrina
I am allergic to: nothing
Pets that I have: 2dogs and 2 cats
My favorite yarn: natural yarns
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors?
My favorite flavor: mint, chai, pumpkin.
My favorite holiday: Halloween
I would like to receive a: Sock kit
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: I like to use5" for socks. I like wood and or Bamboo
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: LanternMoon but they are expensive
I’ve participated in HSKS: this is my 3rd time with the swap
Do you have a birthday during this swap? Yes.
If so which day? 10-15
SLYTHERIN QUIZ #1
Until I have access to the main hsks6.blogsite.com I will post your quiz here. These questions are to help your partner get to know you better! Please have your answers posted by this Friday to be qualified for the amazing Slytherin House Quiz Prize!!
- Do you knit and/or crochet---knit
- How long have you been at your craft?--3 years
- Do you spin?--sort
- What type of spinning do you do (drop spindle or wheel)?--both
- Are there any other crafts that you participate in?--quilting--sewing
- What are your favorite yarns/fibers?--all natural
- What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?--NORO & man made
- Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t HAD a chance?---I am sure there are. Send me your favorite yarn you like to work with.
- What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?--socks, hats, whatever i find interesting
- What are you currently working on? pumpkins for felting
- Anything you plan to start this autumn?--more socks, a sweater maybe
- What is your favorite Finished Object? Luna, the sock Pattern made by Emma Wigworthy.
- Are their any knitting techniques that you would like to learn?--two handed knitting.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
I hope Minee has some for sale so I can restock.
We do have the same interests in books and we both HATE divination with a passion. "Death is at your door." oooo...what garbage...please tell me something useful.
Violent said she would help me learn French. I think that will be funny to hear me speak French with my Mid-Western accent.
Isis is doing her back scratch on the carpet and groaning and grunting. I wonder if she is part pig?
Today while I had my nose in a book an owl dropped me a package. It is from my new dorm mate, Lavender Diggory-Dolohov. She is Head Girl this term and I am a Prefect. Still not sure how that happened but the Professors know what they are doing right?
See all of my goodies?
!the house cats thought the package smelled good too.
Bo, is visiting Isis before term starts show off their goodies.
there are 3 THREE skeins of Cascade yarn, a journal, reading glasses, a blow horn and pom-poms for cheer leading during Quidditch, a Slytherin patch, an Owl of my very own (cause i do not have one),and my favorite, snap snot.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Isis is not magical like Grimm but she gets along with him just fine. It is funny watching them together because she is all dog and pretty much a spaz running, sniffing, digging, and rolling in whatever suites her fancy.
She crawled into that box and sat in front of the heater vent. She is my gift of giggles.
I was asked to be Prefect in Slytherin House and so far there has been alot of use of Muggle computers and spreadsheets. As of this morning we only have 3 people that have not updated their blogs. There have been emails and PMs sent out so it is our hope it gets done today.
It really does not take that long to do it. sigh..